ORDINANCE NO. 470
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE CODE OF
ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF LA PORTE CITY, IOWA,
SECTION 65.04, CHAPTER 65,
BE IT ENACTED by the City Council of the City of La Porte City, Iowa:
SECTION 1. SECTION REPEALED AND REPLACED. The Code of Ordinances of the City of La Porte City, Iowa, is hereby amended by deleting the existing Section 65.04, Chapter 65, and adopting the following new Section 65.04, Chapter 65,in lieu thereof:
65.04 YIELD REQUIRED. Every driver of a vehicle shall yield in accordance with the following: (Code of Iowa, Sec. 321.345)
1. Sixth Street. Vehicles traveling east onSixth Streetshall yield atSpruce Street;
2. Fifth Street. Vehicles traveling east on Fifth Street shall yield at Spruce Street;
3. Palmer Drive. Vehicles traveling north on Palmer Drive shall yield at Anton Drive;
4. Elm Street. Vehicles traveling on Elm Street shall yield at Seventh Street.
5. Westridge Court. Vehicles traveling on Westridge Court shall yield at Meadow Lane. (Ord. 408 – Jan. 07 Supp.)
SECTION 2. REPEALER. All ordinances or parts of ordinances in conflict with the provisions of this ordinance are hereby repealed.
SECTION 3. SEVERABILITY CLAUSE. If any section, provision or part of this ordinance shall be adjudged invalid or unconstitutional, such adjudication shall not affect the validity of the ordinance as a whole, or any section, provision or part thereof not adjudged invalid or unconstitutional.
SECTION 4. WHEN EFFECTIVE. This ordinance shall be in effect from and after its final passage, approval and publication as provided by law.
PASSED BY THE CITY COUNCIL the 24th day of September, 2012, and APPROVED this 24th day of September, 2012.
Rick Lubben, Mayor
Jane Whittlesey, City Clerk
First Reading passed: 8/27/2012
Second Reading passed: 9/10/12
Third Reading passed &adopted 9/24/2012